With just a few simple ingredients you can make healthy broccoli soup that tastes amazing in very little time. With the Vibe Blender stainless-steel jug hot soup can be on the table in 15-minutes. Perfect for a comforting, quick and easy, healthy lunch or starter. With plenty of substitution options it’s easily vegetarian or vegan.
The key to this delicious and creamy soup is cheese but believe me, if you choose to pass on the dairy, it’s thick and creamy and plenty flavourful without.
Prep is easy. Since you’re blending it all up, don’t put time into finely chopping ingredients. Simply, roughly chop everything, including the broccoli stems which are loaded with nutrients and contribute body and extra flavour.
Crunchy toast is off course optional, but oh so good!
1 tablespoon (15g) butter (or olive oil)
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock/broth
500g / 1.1lb) broccoli including the stems
½ teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
½ cup grated cheese or combination of cheeses (parmesan & cheddar are tasty)
Optional to serve
Cream or cultured cream
Extra grated cheese
1. Cut the stems off the broccoli. Slice or peel the outer skin and cut away discoloured and fibrous parts then dice into small pieces. Chop or break up the heads.
2. Melt the butter (or oil) in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes until the onion is softened and starting to colour.
3. Add the broccoli, broth/stock and salt and pepper.
4. Place the lid on and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. You want the broccoli tender but still full of vibrant colour, not over cooked and mushy.
5. Carefully tip the hot ingredients into the Vibe Blender stainless-steel jug. Secure the lid on.
6. Select ‘Soup’ mode and blend for 30 seconds.
7. Open the lid. Add the cheese (optional) and stir it in with a wooden spoon. It melts super quickly.
8. Taste and add more salt or pepper.
9. Pour into bowls. Drizzle with cream or top with chopped fresh parsley or extra grated cheese, if desired then serve.
10. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days or freeze for 3 months.