There’s no shortage of alternative milks on the market these days but it can be hard to find the right one for the right purpose! If you love your milk coffees but need an alternative to dairy, macadamia milk may just be the one for you. It’s incredibly creamy, very slightly sweet and the macadamia flavour blends really well into coffees and smoothies and can even be used to make a decadent dairy-free yogurt.
Macadamias are naturally quite sweet on their own but if you like yours a little sweeter, adding a pitted medjool date will work a treat.
Yield - 1 litre
1 Ltr cold water
2 cups raw macadamia nuts
1 pitted medjool date (optional)
1. Activate the nuts by immersing them overnight in water and a teaspoon of salt, covered.
2. Drain and rinse the nuts and add them to the Vibe blender jug along with the date.
3. Add half of the water and blend on nut mode for 60 seconds until it forms a smooth paste.
4. Add the remaining water and blend for another 60 seconds.
5. Strain it through a nut bag or muslin cloth, leaving only the pulp behind (you can reserve this for baking or for adding to smoothies)
6. Use it straight away or store it in the fridge for 3-5 days.