We hope you enjoy these dreamy banana and almond flour waffles by Olena Anderson. Don’t they look delicious topped with homemade SCD yogurt, berries and honey.
Makes 3 waffles
2 very ripe bananas mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat your waffle maker and gently coat with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl mash up the bananas.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Using a handheld mixer mix the wet ingredients.
5. Next add in all the dry ingredients: almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and continue mixing until everything is well combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy, do not over-mix.
6. Scoop the batter into the preheated waffle maker and cook until the waffles are golden brown. About 2-3 minutes but this will vary depending on your waffle maker.
7. When cooked lay on a wire cooling rack until cool.
8. Top with your favourite toppings like fruit and homemade yogurt and enjoy!
You can freeze the waffles in a single layer until hard (so they don't stick together) then store them in an air-tight plastic bag for a few weeks.
To reheat just pop them in a toaster or toaster oven.