If you want to make a decadent chocolate treat but want to avoid processed sugar, then look no further than this healthy fruit and nut rocky road made from clean, whole food ingredients. We guarantee it will be a treat for your family and friends even without the marshmallow!
This rocky road is a super simple recipe that comes together in the Vibe blender jug. It’s a one jug wonder that requires no heating and keeps your clean-up to a minimum.
We make the chocolate element from scratch using coconut oil and raw cacao powder, sweeten with coconut sugar. Use this recipe as a general guide, mixing and matching the fruit and nuts to whatever you have in your pantry. We embraced green and red for Christmas. Freeze dried raspberries are super sweet and burst with festive colour.
Enjoy this healthy rocky road straight from the fridge or freezer.
1 cup coconut oil
¼ cup peanut butter
½ cup of coconut sugar (or less)
1 cup cacao powder
½ cup pistachios (70 grams)
½ cup roasted or activated almonds – lightly chopped
½ cup dried cranberries (fruit juice or honey sweetened)
1 cup (30-40 grams) of freeze-dried raspberries
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper overhanging the sides or use a non-stick silicon tin.
2. Add the coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar and cacao powder into the blender jug in the order listed.
3. Secure the lid on and blend on ‘smoothie mode’ for approx. 40 seconds stopping once to scrape down the sides if necessary.
4. Add the fruit and nuts. ‘Pulse’ the jug a few times to break down some of the larger pieces and slightly incorporate.
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and spread to the sides. Tap the container to ensure pockets of air are released and place in the freezer to set.
6. Slice and store in the fridge or freezer. You can eat directly from either the fridge or freezer.