With a delicious blend of zesty lemon and coconut, these bliss balls are an easy to make, no-bake snack for all ages. They taste like a healthier version of lemon slice, only rolled into bite sized little balls. They’re made with all wholesome, high in fibre and good fat ingredients that you most likely have in your kitchen cupboard. They are refined sugar and dairy free and are vegan, paleo, and SCD friendly.
All you need to do is process the ingredients in your Vibe Blender System, roll into balls and then place in the fridge or freezer to set. That’s it!
You can control the intensity of the lemon by adding the zest of either one or two lemons depending on your preference.
1 cup (140g) of raw cashews
3 cups (approx. 210g) fine shredded coconut (or desiccated) plus more for rolling*
3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest of one large lemon (or 2 for more zesty flavour)
4 tablespoons lemon juice
*There is a subtle texture, weight and moisture difference between finely shredded and desiccated coconut. Shredded contains more moisture. If using desiccated coconut you will need to add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil to replace the moisture.
1. Add all ingredients into the Vibe Blender jug
2. Secure the lid on. Remove the ‘filler cap’ and insert the ‘tamper’
3. Choose ‘nut’ mode and blend, pushing downwards and rotating the tamper until the ingredients are ground into a smooth paste.
4. Scoop out teaspoons of the paste and roll into balls. The mixture will feel oily in your hands.
5. Roll in desiccated coconut until coated.
6. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 2 hours, or place in the freezer for less time.
7. Bliss balls will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days or can be frozen for several months in an airtight container.
If you make this, or any of our recipes, we would love to see your creations. Leave us a comment, or tag a photo using #luvelelife on Instagram.