There’s nothing like the smell of fresh bread baking in the oven, especially when it’s full of sweet strawberries! Oh my. So incredibly fluffy, this bread is almost like one huge scone loaded with delicious warm, jammy strawberries. Homemade yogurt makes the batter extra creamy and gives an added tanginess that is perfect for breakfast. Make it a little sweeter (see the suggested ingredient adjustments) and bring it out as a dessert or mid-afternoon treat.
Super easy to make, this quick blender bread creation is a one pot (or should I say ‘jug’?) wonder. It’s packed full of healthy, gluten free and paleo ingredients, so you can enjoy a serve (or two) without that guilty feeling. Grab yourself a cup of tea - even with lashings of extra yogurt, or cultured cream, it will feel like you are sitting down to guilt free, Devonshire tea – rustic style. Use coconut or almond yogurt instead to make it dairy free.
All the ingredients are simply tossed into the Luvele Vibe blender jug and blitzed to a thick batter. Ready in just over an hour. Don’t wait for it to cool – jump right in with a big spoon and enjoy it warm.
1 ½ cups whole raw almonds (preferable activated)
½ cup homemade yogurt (dairy or coconut)
¼ cup maple syrup or honey
¼ - ½ cup coconut sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter (80 grams)
¼ cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
250 grams organic fresh strawberries (even more is lovely)
1. Heat oven to 180ºC / 356º F
2. Line a 20cm pie or cake dish with baking paper.
3. Wash the strawberries, remove the tips and chop into 6-8 pieces each depending on the size.
4. Pour the whole almonds into the blender jug and 'pulse' a few times to break them up.
5. Add all the remaining ingredients (except the strawberries) in the order listed and blend on ‘Nut’ mode for 50 seconds to form a thick batter. Stop once to scrape down the sides and under the blades, ensuring dry nut crumb are not collected under the blades.
6. Remove the blender jug. Add one cup of the chopped strawberries and fold into the batter with a spatula.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared dish then scatter the remaining strawberries on top.
8. Bake for 45 minutes.
9. Strawberry bread is best enjoyed straight from the oven.
10. Serve with homemade yogurt (dairy or coconut) or cultured cream.
11. Store left over bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.