Almond butter made your way, fresh, pure and preservative free, is simple with the Vibe Blender System. You can make as much smooth and creamy almond butter as you want - in minutes.
Made with 100% pure, raw almonds, (no added oil or preservatives, yay!) it’s the perfect protein-packed spread that is guaranteed to taste better and be healthier than anything you can buy. It’s ultra-thick but spreads like a dream. Once you try this you’ll never want to buy store bought almond butter ever again.
With the Vibe Blender System, and two ingredients, (yes, really!) it can take you as little as three minutes. However, in the Luvele Kitchen, we like to briefly roast our raw almonds before blending. Roasting imparts a sweet, nutty aroma and increases the depth of flavour. It also releases natural oils that help the almonds break down more easily into a creamy spread - without any added oil.
Note: Almonds, as well as other nuts, contain moderate levels of phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors that interfere with the body’s ability to absorb nutrients. If you are sensitive, we recommend starting with activated almonds (learn how to here) or use blanched almonds for SCD and GAPS.
3 cups raw almonds (activated or blanched for sensitive tummies)
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Spread the raw almonds on a baking tray and dry roast for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the almonds from the oven and let cool until they’re just warm to touch, about 15 minutes. It doesn’t matter if the nuts go cold – they will warm up in the blender.
4. Transfer the almonds to the Vibe Blender jug. Place the lid on. Remove the cap and insert the tamper into the lid.
5. Select ‘nut’ mode. As soon as you press start the almonds will quickly break down and turn to flour. Use the tamper to help push the nuts down into the blades.
6. Continue to blend for 2 minutes.
7. Stop, open the lid and release some of the heat. Scrape down the sides if necessary. At this point the almonds should be a thick, sticky paste.
8. Add the salt.
9. Replace the lid. Continue to blend for another minute, moving the tamper in circular motion now. Very quickly the almonds will turn to a butter consistency and blend without the assistance of the tamper.
10. Continue blending until the almond butter has reached your desired creaminess. We found 3 minutes sufficient.
11. Pour the almond butter into a clean glass jar.
12. Let cool to room temperature before screwing on the lid.
13. Without preservatives almond butter is sensitive to spoiling. To get the most shelf life, store in a dark cool place or in the fridge and consume within 3 – 4 weeks.