Liquid error (layout/theme line 525): Could not find asset snippets/simple-preorder-bootstrap.liquid
These yogurty chia seed puddings are insanely easy and, topped with decadent banana soft-serve they make a delicious, healthy, summer dessert.
Chia seeds are highly nutritious, but apart from their delightful mouth popping texture, they don’t have much flavour of their own. It’s all about what you add to them - which is the fun part!. Chia also need a lot of liquid to become pudding-like. The type of liquid is completely up to you and will depend on your dietary preferences. Apart from the ratio of seed to liquid, there are no hard n fast rules that apply to chia puddings. Be inventive! For gut-loving goodness and extra creaminess, we love adding homemade yogurt to the liquid. Depending on the mix-ins, this recipe can be made vegan or paleo.
This chia pudding is topped with soothing, soft-serve banana nice-cream and the result is a healthy dessert that’s brimming with antioxidants, fibre, vitamins and minerals, healthy fats, and good bacteria.
Chia pudding with banana soft serve is simple two-step process as long as you remember to keep frozen banana slices in your freezer. In the Vibe blender system, blending nice-cream only takes seconds. I’ve piped the nice-cream on top, for maximum effect but spooning it on, oozing and rustic, is obviously easier and will look just as sensational.
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup milk or milk alternative of your choice
1 vanilla bean scraped or 2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 tablespoons homemade yogurt
1 tablespoon of honey or maple
Whipped banana ice cream
3 frozen bananas chopped
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3 tablespoons of homemade yogurt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Slices of banana
Grated dark chocolate
Granola, nuts or seeds
1. Place all the chia pudding ingredients into a bowl and stir well to incorporate.
2. Pour the pudding into jars, seal and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The chia seeds will soak up the liquid and thicken to a pudding-like consistency. The longer you leave it, the thicker it will become. It's ready to enjoy after an hour but overnight is ideal.
Whipped banana ice cream
3. Insert the 'tamper' into the Luvele Vibe blender system jug lid.
4. Place all the ingredients into the jug and blitz until smooth and creamy.
4. Remove the chia puddings from the fridge.
5. Spoon or pipe the whipped banana nice-cream mixture on top and sprinkle with a topping of your choice.
6. Best served immediately to get the soft-serve ice cream texture.