With just a little bit of prep the night before, you’ll luv this grab-and-go super nutritious, high-protein breakfast (or snack) in a jar.
Peanut butter and yogurt, overnight oats jars are as simple as it gets - there’s no fancy method or cooking required! All you need are a few basic ingredients and they take minutes to prepare. The ingredients are highly interchangeable, so you can enjoy them gluten free or vegan. You could even swap out peanut butter for almond butter.
Oats and chia seeds absorb lots of liquid and together they are the perfect ingredients for sponging up homemade yogurt or probiotic liquid. If you have excess whey or coconut water in your homemade yogurt, this recipe is ideal. Visit our yogurt basics page for a list of dairy and dairy-free yogurt recipe.
Play around with the formula as needed, add more milk, whey or fermented coconut water for wetter oats, more chia seeds for a thicker texture, or more yogurt for extra creaminess. You really can’t go wrong.
Makes 2 – multiply the ingredients for extra jars.
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
½ cup homemade yoghurt
¾ cup milk or milk alternative of your choice
1 tablespoon maple syrup or more to taste
4 teaspoons of peanut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
Sprinkle on top
Grated dark chocolate
1. Swirl 1 teaspoon of peanut butter into the base of each jar and set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to thoroughly incorporate.
3. Spoon the mixture into the jars, press down with the back to remove pockets of air.
4. Put the lid on the jars and place in the fridge. If you like your oats chewy the jar may be enjoyed after 30 minutes. For a pudding-like oat jar, leave in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
5. Open the jar and top with more homemade yogurt and a sprinkling of any garnish you like.
6. Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days